Sunday, October 5, 2014

Closets, Carpet and Piano Keys

Most of the day was spent getting ready for the upcoming closet installation.  I painted the guest bedroom closet - hilariously!  I decided to paint it the same buff color as the walls in the house because that's the paint I had the most of. (The painters left all the leftovers with me). There was a full can of the wall color, plus a partial of another can, and a partial can of trim paint (white).  I used up the partial can of buff first, and when I went to the garage to refill the paint tray, imagine my surprise when the second (full) can was white trim paint, not the wall paint! Oh well. Make do with what we have, right? I already knew the closet was going to need two coats, so, I dumped the rest of the can of white paint in the tray and off I went. 

It didn't take long to run out of the white paint, and I, so far, had lovely bi- color walls in the closet.  Back down the stairs for more paint. Wait. What??? The full can is NOT white, as stated on the label, but buff. Hahahahaha. Joke's on me. Oh well. The closet is painted and ready for its makeover.


Is there anything more boring than a pic of and empty closet? (No, the trim is not blue, it's white.) but I wanted a "before" pic.

I did manage to get in some sewing time later in the day. The first border is on the FQ Fun:

and I am working on a piano key border.


I hope to get this border on today and make the back.

Oh! One other piece of news: we could finally turn off the a/c and open the windows last night. Fresh air! Yay!

And that was my day. Thanks for stopping by.



1 comment:

  1. Great news on open windows!! You are a busy gal!!XX, Dolores

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback, and hearing from you about life in general. Leave a comment when you can. Thanks so much for taking your time to read my blog.