Monday, September 30, 2013

Experimental Post

OK even though I'm a techie, I haven't yet tried posting to the blog from any of my mobile devices, so here's my first try.

I really have been quite busy, getting lots of UFOs to the quilters. Here are some of the things that have made it to the next step.

This Drunkards Path uses a 4" block. It was just an experiment. After learning a new way to piece curves with no pins, I whipped this out of the stack and it came together quickly.  Hooray for no pins when curve piecing! 

I can't believe how bad the border looks in this photo! Honestly, it looks much better Than this.

This was sitting in the pile, waiting for some fused appliqué. For five years. Enough already. I made a back & sent it to the quilters.

Just some fun. The rows were put together, so I added the rest of the sashings and called it done. This one is small enough for me to quilt on the Bernina.

So, then, looks like its pretty simple to post from the iPad. Good deal!

Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Bunches of Bindings

Binding day. I got bindings put on these quilts (just the machine part). I have one more that needs it's binding attached, then let the handwork begin!

On another note, I found this critter in my garage when I put out the garbage:

Hard to tell from this angle, but I'm pretty sure it's one of those Cuban tree frogs - an invasive species that eats just about anything, including other Cuban tree frogs.  I have to catch him and freeze him. Ugh.

The hot Florida weather is breaking a bit - finally. Still 90, but the mornings are much cooler.  Walking is almost bearable again.

Onward! Thanks for stopping by.

Sunday, September 8, 2013

A Few More Tops

I spent the weekend grabbing something out of the UFO stack and just barreling through till the top was finished.  Here are the 3 that are ready for quilting. The fourth one is my Scapolator (see some blocks here), and I'm down to the last border.  Progress!

This is the pattern "Red Onion" from Karla Alexander, Stack a New Deck. I thought it would be interesting to slice the targets in with the blocks. I'm pleased with the way it looks; very noisy, yet calming because it's so blue. I named it "Blue Eggs and Spam". It's about 64"x72"

This is about the 6th or 7th one of these I've made. It's a great donation quilt from a free pattern that was found on the Internet. It's big - 72"x 82",  so is perfect for a bed quilt.

This is from one of the older books for using fat quarters. The pattern is "Ashley". Easy peasy. About 50" x 66" - nice lap size.

Thanks for stopping by.

Saturday, September 7, 2013

I could make excuses

...all the excuses in the world. Fact is, I've been having way too much fun which left me with no time to blog. So. No excuses. Just pictures.

And that's part of what I've been busy doing.  More later!