Monday, January 9, 2012

My House is Naked!!!!

The exterior dudes started today. The windows are all replaced now, and the siding is in various states of disrepair. This is a two week project - I think I'm gonna need some really good headphones! When I walked outside to no fencing and naked house parts - wow - it was quite disorienting! But I'll sure be happy when it's all done. Having to move so much stuff for the siding and windows has let me (more like "forced me to") clean out areas that have been inaccessible for a long time. If I thought my CDs were dusty .......... (I think that counts on my "declutter" calendar for the day/.)

So while the guys worked, I sewed. Here's a sneak peak of this week's project:


I need to learn how to adjust color in photos, because this fabric is very pink! This is a variation of the Cheech and Chong pattern by Lynn Provencher. It's one of my favorite quick quilts (and a quilt a week has to be quick).

I decided I needed to go back and rephotograph "glass", so here are some fun things.



I found this bottle on the beach a number of years ago. It has some Chinese writing, is triangular shaped, and is just a very cool bottle. I keep my olive oil in it now. See the thing that looks like a smiley face on it? .....

Check this out! This is the kaleidoscope option on the standard iPhoto editor.




And here are some fun CamWow options.




Now I'm satisfied with my "glass" prompt.

I got in some reading time today as well. I finally finished "The Litigators", started "The Colorado Kid" (the SyFy series "Haven" is based on this book. I love the series so want to get the background.) I'm still reading "Uncle Tom's Cabin" even though I should be starting "Catcher in the Rye". I'll catch up! Also still reading "The Passion of the Western Mind" (philosophy junkie that I am).

And that was my day! Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback, and hearing from you about life in general. Leave a comment when you can. Thanks so much for taking your time to read my blog.