Thursday, January 5, 2012

OK maybe it's not so bad

I finished the purple top today. I think the borders saved it. It's still got color problems, but it works now and I'm over my angst about it. So ... here's the first quilt-of-the-week for 2012:


I'll work on taking a better pic of it over the weekend, but you get the idea.  Funny thing about this quilt ... the very first seam I sewed was wrong. Maybe that should've told me something. :) But it's behind me now and I can move on to the next thing on the list.

All my Freecycle stuff got takers. It's great to get rid of stuff by giving it to someone else rather than putting it in the landfill. I'm always amazed at what gets passed along in Freecycle: I'm convinced there's only one set of moving/packing boxes in Jacksonville and they just keep getting moved from one person to another. If you've not tried it, Freecycle.org is where to go. Then just drill down to your city.

The walk to day was nice and warm. Good ol' Florida - too cold to walk yesterday, and plenty warm today. Ha!

Here's the photo of the day (glass) - in puzzle format just for laughs. Enjoy! And thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback, and hearing from you about life in general. Leave a comment when you can. Thanks so much for taking your time to read my blog.