Sunday, January 8, 2012

Still sewing!

Today was as gorgeous as yesterday was grey! My walk this morning passed so quickly that I was surprised to find myself already back at my house. I must've been in the zen-zone!  Today was also the first get-together of our small book group (hopefully it will grow). We read "Uncle Tom's Cabin" last month (OK - some of us read it).  Our focus will be the classics, but that won't be a hard and fast rule. We had good discussion - about all kinds of things! This month we'll read "The Catcher in the Rye".

I did manage to get some sewing time in today - working on this week's quilt. I'm still not at a picture point - maybe tomorrow. Tomorrow ... when the siding gets ripped off the house, the windows get replaced, fencing gets replaced ... not all in one day, but over the course of a couple of weeks. I'm glad the majority of the chaos will be on the outside (except for the window replacement time)! I can sew while  keeping an eye on the work progress. This company seems really dependable - and the owner brought me grapefruit (from his tree) a couple of weeks ago. How awesome was that?

The goals are still progressing. I'm decluttering in the fabric room at the moment. Seems like fabric never stays neat. That's probably a really good thing - it means I've been playing in there, using up bits of my stash. I should take some pics of my stash now, and what it looks like after declutter, and what it looks like at the end of the year after make a quilt a week. Hopefully I'll be able to tell I used some of the stash by the time I've made 52 quilts!!! Oh, and for those of you asking - yes I'm still doing the pound-a-week thing. I've been "stuck" for the last couple of weeks, but have definitely been losing inches - it's almost time for new clothes again! (But I'm trying to wait till late February, just before I leave for California.)

And that's about it for my day. Guess I should get back to posting pictures again soon, huh?

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback, and hearing from you about life in general. Leave a comment when you can. Thanks so much for taking your time to read my blog.