Wednesday, January 15, 2014

It's D(eparture)-Day for G(reat)R(oad)T(rip)2014

The car is packed, all the other various and sundry things one needs to do before traveling have been done, and I'm ready to start the journey. California awaits, as do Oregon and Washington, with a little Arizona thrown in for good measure.

I travel with very little planning ahead. I know the dates I need to be in classes, but those are the only known reservations I make for myself. I never know what whim will take me where. I know what I think I'm going to do, but I don't really know where I'll stop till I get there. It's fun traveling this way.

I suspect this will be the last of my really long road trips ("really long" meaning more than a few weeks), so I'm hoping to document more than usual. Instagram (gwrigley) will become a part of this trip - follow me there, if you wish. There are a few places in California I want to see but have not yet: Bodega Bay, the Redwoods and Sequoias just to name a few. Yosemite will probably have to wait for it's own dedicated trip since I don't do icy roads. There are also some places I'd like to revisit because I want to see more (Hearst Castle) and others I'll revisit because they are too spectacular to miss (Big Sur).

This country is beautiful, with just about everything you can imagine offered somewhere in the 50 states. Don't sell her short: do yourself a favor & see more of her. She'll fill you with awe.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

I love getting feedback, and hearing from you about life in general. Leave a comment when you can. Thanks so much for taking your time to read my blog.