Monday, December 29, 2014

More Finishes for 2014

I've added two more quilts to things I've finished this year.  

This is a basic log cab, but all scrapped up with no light and dark side.  The fabric is from a bundle I purchased a few years back (oh, that never happens) from a store no longer open. It's not my usual color choice, but I went through a phase where soft colors were appealing  to me.  I really like this quilt. It's going into the guest bedroom/fabric room that is somehow becoming very girly. Hmmm. 


The backing is this fabulous floral. Giant flowers! If you sometime find that you love a fabric but don't know what to do with it, put it on the back so the back can make its own statement!

I didn't take a detail pic of the quilting (done by Lynne Graham Long Arm Quilting).



This is another Cheech and Chong, pattern designed by Lynn Provencher of Country Crossroads Quilt store (one of our local shops). The fabric almost qualifies for "ancient" status, but it's still just as cute as can be. 


It has a giant 4-patch for a back, but you can only see three of the fabrics here.


A closer look shows the colors more accurately.


There's a lot of fruit on this fabric. The quilter (Cathy Peters, of Lynne Graham Long Arm Quilting) chose an adorable cherry motif for the quilting. Perfect!





My morning walk was a bit foggy. Just a bit. This is fairly common for this time of year, when the weather cannot decide if it should be 80 or 50.  I often wonder what might be in that fog?


This is one of my favorite trees, so I could not pass up the opportunity to catch it drenched in fog.


When I got home, I found this little guy hiding in my staghorn fern pot. He stayed nice and still for his photo op,


This is my current binding project. I have this and one more I'd like to finish before the year changes. I think I can make it!


Thanks so much for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. And here I thought you walked thru town and suburbs - this is lovely walking area. I have to say you're on a roll with quilts!! All happy ones at that. Happy New Year, friend, and look forward to lots of additions to our joy jars!! XX

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback, and hearing from you about life in general. Leave a comment when you can. Thanks so much for taking your time to read my blog.