Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Second Donation Quilt is now a top!!


The half-square triangle top is finished. WAHOOOOOO.

I got beat by the "Borealis" blocks, though. They defeated me. So .. my very first goal for 2011 has already been decided: learn to do curved piecing. I think I'll have Carolyn (Allen) teach me; I sure can't get the hang of it on my own. Harumph!

I got the pinkies up on the design wall. There's a little too much of the black & white lady fabric in it. Should I make more blocks, or just put it together anyway? I think a little rearranging will help & I can leave it as is.

All I have to do now is put the retirement quilts into their bags. I'll post pics after I give them away next week. I'm very excited to have all the must-dos behind me. I'm starting my retirement with a "clean" slate and will be able to work on whatever moves me on any given day. No commitments for me for awhile!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback, and hearing from you about life in general. Leave a comment when you can. Thanks so much for taking your time to read my blog.