Thursday, October 17, 2013

Just Hexies

Most of the day was spent getting ready for the Honeybee Guild trip to Epworth. I had cooking to do. I made the first batch of rustic roasted apple sauce for this fall. I'm pretty strict with myself about only eating fruit that is in season, and grown in either the U.S. or Canada: it has flavor because its ripe. So it's apple season now, and time to make Michael Chiarello's delicious applesauce again. Luckily, apple season lasts for a long time!  Other things were made and will be taken on the trip, as well. 

Bottom line: I only had time for a few hexies.
These are 1" hexies. I'm using those little bits of fabric that are left after subcutting strips, which is why you see bright fruity ones and soft pastel-y ones.  No, they aren't going in the same project.  In fact I don't have a project in mind for these. I'm just making them because they're fun.

Now off to the sidewalks for my morning walk.  Stay tuned, and thanks for stopping by.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback, and hearing from you about life in general. Leave a comment when you can. Thanks so much for taking your time to read my blog.