Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween

A slow day today. Seems I got distracted by a nice, long nap! I thought I'd rest for about an hour, but ... 4 hours later, I finally woke up. I love naps; they're one of life's most decadent pleasures.

I got all the goodie bags ready for the kiddies, then did manage to get some sewing in. I got the half-square triangle and 9-patch blocks done for the design-your-own quilt.
I also got another block for the donation quilt done - just one more to go - and more Safari blocks (but I forgot to take a pic).

I didn't even have to cook today because I had leftovers from last night's dinner, so see? It really was a slow day! And - when I shut off the light to let the trick-or-treaters know I was "closed", I still had as many goodie bags as I started with. Yep - not one kiddo tonight.  Another sad thing about the times we live in. I think this may be the last year I do goodies.

Here are a few more pics from the Paris/Florence trip

The Louvre
 Hey Venus, oh Venus make my dreams come true
The duomo in Siena
 Spectacular manuscripts! (inside the duomo)
 Floors (still the duomo)
 Ceilings - yep, duomo

 We had lunch at an organic farm in the Chianti region. The grape harvest was still in process. Wine on the vine!

 Two views from the farm


Yes indeed, the cheesy tourist photo, holding up the tower. I wasn't getting on the posts, though. (Don't look now, but I think all the pasta and gelato is showing! :)
 Also in Pisa, right next to the tower. I saw quilt block patterns EVERYWHERE



No much to say, but another day of retirement is always a good day.

Thanks for stopping by

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback, and hearing from you about life in general. Leave a comment when you can. Thanks so much for taking your time to read my blog.