Friday, November 4, 2011

Monday, Monday

(HA! I wrote this on Monday & here it is Friday already!!)

Good progress! I got the binding sewn on one of the pink cancer-lady quilts; another one added to the handwork stack!

Cancer-ladies Quilt

There are only 3 in that stack, which shouldn't take me too long.  One of these days I'll attempt the "binding by machine" technique, but I admit that I do enjoy doing the handwork part so it may be awhile before that new venture.

I got a back made for the wonky circles quilt shown here:

Wonky Circle Quilt

Now it can go to the long-armer to be quilted.  I really like this quilt and will be happy to see it finished.

I got a good start on this jacket today:



I tried using folded accent strips (instead of raw-edge).  I like the look much better. The fold leaves a definite impression on the lining, but I think the neatness will be worth it.  One of the threads I used for the accent stitching has a lot more red than appears on the spool. I decided I like it anyway - it gives a funky pop of color.



I just love making these jackets!   I need to find just the right buttons for them, and that's half the fun!  I have enough buttons in my stash to use on these and digging through all the button boxes is always an adventure!

I closed up sewing-shop early to be ready for any trick-or-treaters. We usually don't get many, but actually had some this year. It's the most fun to see the wee ones! I wish the world hadn't gotten so scary.

That was my Monday - how was yours?

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback, and hearing from you about life in general. Leave a comment when you can. Thanks so much for taking your time to read my blog.