Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Again, weeks have passed!

The past weekend was spent at The Olde Green Cupboard at our semi-monthly retreat.  It's so much fun!  I worked on samples for my 3rd quarter classes.  I'll be doing a series of quilts based on Jelly Rolls (and other 2 1/2" strips).  I got tons done!  I'm going in search of a new digital camera so I can post pics of the finished quilts.  (I think my students will like these classes, particularly since they'll be able to use fat quarters as well as Jelly Rolls.)

I brought my hand-dyes to show - lots of folks wanted to buy them but I won't sell since they're so labor intensive.  I WILL teach them how to do it, though.  It's easy - just labor intensive!  But WOW the results are worth it!

I bought a new Bernina yesterday; Artista 630.  Didn't want to go top-of-the-line since I don't have THAT much interest in the embroidery function.  I wonder how new quilters manage! Damn, but the machines have gotten expensive!

I'm planning my 1Q2010 classes now ... amazing!  Will I be this organized when I start teaching Philosophy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback, and hearing from you about life in general. Leave a comment when you can. Thanks so much for taking your time to read my blog.